To keep people with all kinds of budgets participating in the Budapest-Chernobyl Run, we’ve tried to keep costs low, find sponsors, and provide low-cost alternatives for necessary expenses.
Registration fees for The Budapest-Chernobyl Run
- Per person: € TBD
- Per team (up to 5 people in 1 vehicle): € TBD
- For Party participants – € TBD per person
Budapest-Chernobyl Run fees will be available when the next run will be announced.
Registration will be closed before the start, or when all places are taken.
First: the right to participate in the Budapest-Chernobyl Run. This means there’s no hiding your friends in the trunk to avoid an extra registration fee.
- Information about visas and all other paperwork.
- Government permits & recommendations, where applicable.
- Essential and hard-to-find maps.
- A custom Road Book that guides you on all aspects of the journey
- Official rally gear (clothing and accessories)
- Complete coordination of charity events, with detailed reporting about how the money has been put to use, especially good for team sponsors.
- Launch party in Budapest, Hungary
- New Years Eve party in Transylvania
- Finishers party in Ukraine
- Accommodation for the last night in a hunting lodge
- Organization team located in Budapest available to assist with all questions and issues that arise pre-event.
How much money will you need?
That depends on what you choose for accommodations, the fuel-efficiency of your vehicle, your choice of vehicle, and what you want to eat and drink along the way. To help make this less abstract we’ve put together a table of high and low range options for a team of two (see below). You can further cut your expenses (like fuel, etc.) if your team has more than 2 people.
Hotel packages will be distributed in first come first served system and you can choose from these two options (limited places in both).
Pack A (economy class): € 190/person
Pack B (business class a.k.a. ‘de luxe’): €290/person
|Costs||Low(er) budget for 2||High(er) budget for 2|
|smaller car, smaller
engine, basic restaurants
|bigger car with bigger engine, fine restaurants, more “luxury”|
|Insurance||Europen “green card” (free)
||European “green card” (free)
|Petrol||300 €||450 €|
|Highway toll||35 €||35 €|
|Accomodation||360 €||580 €|
|Food & drinks
|150 €||450 €|
|Car repairs||80 €||120 €|
|Bribes||70 €||130 € (“drive bigger car, pay more” rule)
|Driving back to Budapest||120 €||170 €|
|Total||1,115 €||1,935 €|